Saturday, May 4, 2024

You can’t win the lottery without a ticket, a cute little story about the importance of action

 

You can’t win the lottery without a ticket, a cute little story about the importance of action

You can’t win the lottery without a ticket

There once was a young man who called out in prayer to our Heavenly Father, pleases Lord, I have deep financial problems, please Lord, and let me win the lottery so that I can pay all my bills. The day came for the lottery drawing and the man did not win. He came to the Lord again and this time he said, Lord they are going to repossess my car and all my possessions, please let me win the lottery so that I can pay off all my debt. The day of the lottery drawing came and again the man did not win. 


Again the man came to the Lord in prayer and said, please dear Lord, I am begging you, please let me win the lottery, my house is going to be repossessed and I will be thrown out on the street. Again the day of the lottery drawing came and again the man did not win. Before the man was thrown out on the streets, the Lord opened up the roof of the man’s house and looked in on the man and the man looked up to our Lord and said, Lord, because you didn’t let me win the lottery, I have lost my car, my house and all my possessions, I prayed to you three times and asked you to please, please, please let me win the lottery and I never won and now I am going to be thrown out of my house and into the streets. Lord, why didn’t you answer my prayer and let me win the lottery? The Lord said to the man – “John my son, I love you, in order for you to win the lottery; you must first have bought a ticket.” The man wanted to win the lottery, but he failed to go buy a ticket.  In order to win the lottery, you must first buy a lottery ticket which requires action, faith, a bit of hope and a whole lot of luck before you can win. It is not enough to pray and to have faith alone; it must be accompanied by action! As the bible tells us in James 2:26 “As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.” 



While communication through prayer with the Lord helps you build a relationship with him, be reminded, as a popular song in the 70’s said, “You can’t always get what you want, but if you try sometimes (action), you get what you need.”  Lastly, Let’s not forget what it says in 1 Corinthians 13: 13 “And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.”



Now go out and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment