Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Answers to prayer, Does God answers our prayers?


Answers to prayer

 

I was reading through John and several verses regarding answers to prayers leap out at me. 

John 14:13 – And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the son may bring glory to the father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it. 

John 16:23, 24 – In that day you will no longer ask me anything. I tell you the truth, my father will give you whatever you ask in my name, until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.  

Matthew 18:19, 20Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there I am with them.  

Matthew 7:7, 8Ask and it will be given you, seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, he who seeks finds and to him who knocks, the door will be open.  

Matthew 21:21, 22Jesus replied, I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what I have done to the fig tree, but you can also say to the mountain, go throw yourself into the sea and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer 

Mark 11:24Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it and it will be yours 

John 15:7If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish and it will be given you. 

Hebrews 4:16Let us the approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.  

37:4Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.  

John 3:22Receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him.

Matthew 17:20, 10He replied, because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard see you can say to the mountains, move from here to there and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.  

I think it is very clear from these passages that if you but have faith as small as mustard seed, Heavenly Father will hear your prayers and answer them. There are some pretty amazing verses in scriptures as it relates to answers to prayer.  

It seems as though the writers of the various scriptures, intended to tell us if we just but pray, Heavenly Father will give us the desires of our heart. 

Do they say if it is according to his will?  

No!  

Does this actually happen?  

Do any of the verses include time frame?  

Do they say the Lord will answer our prayer?  

Yes! 

So I ask the question again, is everything you pray for given to you? 

I am sure the answer to this is no.  

Of course it is not.  

Does that mean we are not obeying the word of the Lord?  

Does it mean we are not righteous?  

What does it mean when we don’t get an answer to a specific prayer? 

Is the Lord saying no?  

I thought it said in these verses that he would give us the desires of our heart. Do the verses talk about our minds, our bodies, our soul or our spirit? 

Does it say he will give us the desires of our spirit? 

I don’t know why the Lord does not answer all our prayers as we would like him to.  

Is he listening?  

Yes I believe so.  

It is important to have faith and believe as though he will answer your prayers.  

Most of the verses do not refer to faith. They do say to believe which is the same thing as faith. I have full faith and confidence that the Lord is capable of anything.  

What is impossible for man is possible for God.  

I believe he created the heavens and the earth and everything in the heavens and the earth including me.  

Do I know how this was done?  

No. 

Would I like to know how this was done?  

Yes.  

Will I ever know how this was done? 

No.  

This is where faith steps in.  

We are but a blip in time, we will never have all the answers to our questions, and this is where faith steps in.  

Does our Heavenly Father answer prayer?  

Absolutely!  

Should we expect him to?  

Yes.  

Put aside questions that are impossible to answer, have faith and believe and you will receive according to the desires of your heart. If you don’t receive the answer you were looking for it is not because of a lack of faith, some things were simply not meant to be, accept it and move on.

Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, I love you Lord. 

Amen  

Later in the day… a couple of thoughts and prayer 

Mark 9:23Everything is possible for those who believe. We should ask our Lord to help us overcome our unbelief. Mark 9:24. Mark 10:27With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God. 

I know and have faith that in God all things are possible.  

I believe in the Lord, I believe he has the power to do anything, any miracle. I love you Lord. I just pray Lord that you continue to keep me away from all evil. I pray that the blood of Jesus Christ is upon me and the Satan flees from around me. I choose light over darkness. I choose truth over dishonest, I choose righteousness over sin. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ. You are my savior and my redeemer in whom I trust. I will pray continuously, thank you for hearing my prayers and answering them.  

Amen.  

When a person is busy their mind does not have time to think about inspirational things. The problem with most people including myself yesterday, today and again tomorrow is that I stay so busy I don’t have time to think. I am on autopilot. I don’t take the time to evaluate various things in life; I just react to life as it happens. I am in reaction mode versus proactive mode. I feel very blessed to have the Lord in my life.  

I am comforted every day and I know he hears my prayers and answers my prayers.  

I know he takes care of me and protects me from the evil one. I love you Lord. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ. I give you the honor and glory. Thank you for all my many blessings, thank you for watching over my family.  

Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment