Monday, August 31, 2026

Harry the Horse Tells the Truth - A Children's Story

Harry the Horse Tells the Truth

Moral of the Story:

Telling the truth, even when it feels difficult, shows courage and builds trust with others, and when you are honest in your words and actions, you become someone people can rely on, respect, and believe in, because honesty is the foundation of strong character.

In a wide, open meadow where the grass stretched as far as the eye could see, there lived a strong and friendly horse named Harry.

Harry had a shiny brown coat, a long, flowing mane, and powerful legs that carried him swiftly across the fields.

He loved to run.
He loved to play.
And he loved spending time with his friends.

But one day, something happened that made Harry feel very uneasy.

It started on a bright afternoon.

Harry was running through the meadow with Ricky the Rabbit and Tommy the Turtle.

They were laughing and playing, enjoying the warm sunshine.

As Harry galloped quickly, he didn’t notice a small wooden fence near the edge of the field.

Before he could stop…

Crash.

Harry bumped right into it.

The fence broke into pieces.

Harry stood still.

His heart began to race.

“Oh no,” he whispered. “I broke the fence.”

Ricky’s eyes grew wide.
“What are you going to do?” he asked.

Tommy looked at the broken pieces on the ground.

“That fence belongs to Farmer Ben,” Tommy said.

Harry looked around nervously.

“What if I get in trouble?” he said. “What if Farmer Ben gets upset?”

Ricky spoke quickly.

“You could just say you don’t know what happened,” he suggested.

Tommy shook his head slowly.

“But that wouldn’t be the truth,” he said.

Harry felt a heavy feeling in his chest.

He didn’t want to lie.

But he also didn’t want to get in trouble.

“I’ll think about it,” Harry said quietly.

That evening, Harry walked back toward the meadow.

Farmer Ben was standing near the broken fence, looking at the damage.

Harry stopped.

His legs felt stiff.

His heart beat faster.

“This is your chance to tell the truth,” a quiet voice inside him said.

But another voice whispered,
“You can just walk away.”

Harry lowered his head.

He turned and slowly walked in the other direction.

That night, Harry couldn’t sleep.

He tossed and turned.

Every time he closed his eyes, he saw the broken fence.

“I should have told the truth,” he thought.

The next morning, Harry went back to the meadow.

Farmer Ben was there again, working on the fence.

Harry watched from a distance.

He felt even worse than before.

“I don’t feel right,” he said to himself. “Something is wrong.”

Just then, Katie the Koala walked over.

“Hi Harry,” she said gently. “You don’t seem like yourself.”

Harry looked at her.

“I broke the fence yesterday,” he said softly. “And I didn’t tell the truth.”

Katie nodded.

“That’s why your heart feels heavy,” she said. “Honesty helps make things right.”

Harry took a deep breath.

“But what if I get in trouble?” he asked.

Katie smiled kindly.

“You might,” she said. “But telling the truth will make things better inside you. And it shows courage.”

Harry thought for a moment.

Courage.

He had felt brave when running fast across the meadow.

But this felt different.

This felt harder.

“I want to do the right thing,” Harry said.

He walked slowly toward Farmer Ben.

Each step felt heavy, but he kept going.

When he reached the fence, he stopped.

“Farmer Ben,” Harry said, his voice a little shaky.

Farmer Ben turned around.

“Yes, Harry?”

Harry took a deep breath.

“I broke the fence yesterday,” he said. “I was running too fast, and I didn’t see it. I’m sorry.”

There was a moment of silence.

Harry looked down at the ground.

He waited.

Farmer Ben stepped closer.

“Thank you for telling me the truth,” he said.

Harry looked up in surprise.

“You’re not mad?” he asked.

Farmer Ben smiled gently.

“I’m not happy that the fence is broken,” he said. “But I am proud that you told the truth.”

Harry felt something lift from his heart.

“I can help fix it,” Harry said quickly.

Farmer Ben nodded.

“That would be a good way to make things right.”

All morning, Harry worked alongside Farmer Ben, helping to repair the fence.

It wasn’t easy.

But it felt good.

When they finished, the fence stood strong again.

Farmer Ben patted Harry gently.

“You did the right thing,” he said.

Harry smiled.

“I feel better,” he said.

Later that day, Harry found his friends.

“I told the truth,” he said proudly.

Tommy smiled.

“That took courage,” he said.

Ricky nodded.

“I’m glad you did,” he added.

Harry stood tall.

He had learned something very important.

Telling the truth might feel hard at first.

But it makes everything better in the end.

And from that day on, Harry became known as the horse who always told the truth.

When you choose to tell the truth, even when it feels uncomfortable or difficult, you show courage and integrity, and by being honest in your actions and words, you build trust, strengthen relationships, and become someone others can depend on.

💬 Thoughtful Questions for Kids and Parents

1.      Have you ever felt nervous about telling the truth? What happened?

2.      Why do you think telling the truth helps build trust with others?

3.       What can you do if you make a mistake and feel afraid to admit it?

  

No comments:

Post a Comment