Thursday, August 27, 2026

Tina the Tiger Is On Time - A Children's Story

 

Tina the Tiger Is On Time

Moral of the Story:

Being on time and prepared shows respect for others and for yourself, and when you plan ahead and follow through, you build good habits that help you stay organized, dependable, and ready for every opportunity that comes your way.

In a bright and bustling jungle filled with tall trees, winding paths, and playful animals, there lived a spirited young tiger named Tina.

Tina had bold orange stripes, bright eyes, and endless energy.

She loved to run.
She loved to play.
And she loved to have fun.

But there was one problem.

Tina was always late.

Every morning, Tina would wake up slowly, stretch, and then get distracted.

Sometimes she would start playing with leaves.
Sometimes she would chase butterflies.
Sometimes she would simply wander around, forgetting what she was supposed to do.

And because of that…

She was always rushing.

One morning, Ricky the Rabbit called out,

“Tina, we’re meeting at the clearing to play a game!”

“I’ll be there!” Tina shouted.

But instead of getting ready, Tina stopped to watch a group of birds flying overhead.

Then she saw a shiny rock.
Then she noticed a trail of ants.

By the time Tina finally reached the clearing…

The game had already started.

“You’re late,” Ricky said.

“I’m sorry,” Tina replied. “I got distracted.”

The next day, Tommy the Turtle invited Tina to help build a small bridge across a stream.

“I’ll be there,” Tina said.

But once again, Tina lost track of time.

She played.
She wandered.
She forgot.

When she arrived, Tommy had already done most of the work.

“I needed your help earlier,” Tommy said gently.

Tina lowered her head.

“I’m sorry,” she said.

That evening, Tina sat quietly by herself.

“I keep missing things,” she said. “I don’t mean to be late, but it keeps happening.”

Just then, Katie the Koala climbed down from a nearby tree.

“Hi Tina,” she said. “You seem thoughtful.”

Tina looked up.

“I’m always late,” she said. “And I feel bad about it.”

Katie nodded.

“Being on time is a way of showing respect,” she said. “When you are late, others have to wait, and they may feel like their time is not important.”

Tina thought about Ricky waiting.
She thought about Tommy doing the work alone.

“I don’t want my friends to feel that way,” she said.

Katie smiled.

“Then let’s make a plan,” she said.

“A plan?” Tina asked.

“Yes,” Katie said. “Being on time starts with being prepared.”

The next morning, Tina woke up early.

She stretched, looked around, and remembered her plan.

“I am going to be ready,” she said.

She thought about what she needed to do.
She got ready before it was time to leave.

And when she noticed distractions…

She made a different choice.

“I can do that later,” she said. “Right now, I need to go.”

Tina arrived at the clearing early.

Ricky was just getting there.

“You’re early!” Ricky said.

Tina smiled.

“I made a plan,” she said.

They played together, laughing and having fun from the very beginning.

Later that day, Tina met Tommy to help with another project.

This time…

She arrived on time.

And she stayed focused.

They worked together, finishing the bridge side by side.

“Thank you for being here,” Tommy said.

Tina smiled.

“It feels good,” she said.

As the days went on, Tina continued to practice.

She planned ahead.
She stayed focused.
She chose what mattered most in the moment.

And something wonderful happened.

She stopped rushing.
She stopped missing out.
She started showing up.

One afternoon, Tina stood with her friends in the clearing.

“I used to be late all the time,” she said.

Ricky laughed.

“We remember,” he said.

Tina smiled.

“But now,” she said proudly, “I’m ready.”

Katie smiled from nearby.

“And that makes all the difference,” she said.

From that day on, Tina the Tiger became known as the tiger who showed up on time.

And because of that…

She became someone others could count on.

When you plan ahead, stay organized, and make the effort to be on time, you show respect for others and for yourself, and by building these habits early, you create a strong foundation that helps you succeed in everything you do.

         💬 Thoughtful Questions for Kids and Parents

  1. Have you ever been late for something important? How did it feel?
  2. What can you do to help yourself be ready and on time?
  3. Why do you think being on time shows respect for others?

No comments:

Post a Comment