Sunday, January 12, 2014

Day 1 of my driving trip to the Florida Keys

January 12, 2014

Day 1 of my driving  trip to the Florida Keys.  

This trip serves a few different purposes.

First, I am headed to my nephew's wedding in West Palm Beach Florida on January 26th. That was the original intent of the trip. 

Second, I definitely needed a break from the routine of life I have found myself in and thirdly, I thought I would take photo’s along the way and someday create a photo essay of my trip.

I am generally interested in how America has changed so many of my photo’s will hopefully reveal an America in flux.

I also hope to spend some time writing thoughts as I drive.

So here are some of today’s thoughts.

Stop listening to other people.

Slow down, icy roads ahead, you don’t want to crash.

I can’t wait to get the hell out of Utah, it is so dangerous to drive here, yikes.

Don’t judge me, don’t compare me or hate on me, I am only human.

Slow down, lout out for the other guy, you may be in control,but they may be out of control, slow down and look out for the other guy.

You take your life in your hands when you drive in snow and ice.

I am driving 35 in a 65mph zone, snow and ice, very scary, Hwy 6 sucks.

I am behind a truck going 20 to 25, no way to pass on this two lane road, way to dangerous, snow, ice, low visibility.

Mover over if you're going to slow.

It just keeps getting worse to drive, so much snow and ice.

Could I have left Utah on a worse day, where the hell is the snow plow.

It seems most rural businesses I pass are out of business, can’t stop to take pictures, too much traffic, too dangerous.

Life is what it is, if you don’t like it, change it. You have the power to change. Are you stuck? Stop doing what you are doing, shake things up, change whatever you are doing.

Drink caffine, coffee, smoke, alcohol, pills, stop!

Are you in a rut, take a trip, go for a walk.

I am now going 15mph, behind 20+ cars.

If you are slowing someone down, move over and let them pass. You have no right to hold someone else back.

Seriously 15mph. This is a Hwy, get out of the way. One truck holding up dozens of cars on this two lane Hwy.

Just passed Helper, stopped snowing.

Sometimes you need to pass others up even though it says do not pass. Speed up and pass them by, don’t let them slow you down.

Why do we eat when we are not hungry?

I know my truth, why do I let others truth prevail, why do I succumb to others.

Why am I so weak sometimes?

The transformation has begun.

It started several weeks ago and continues day by day.

I need to limit my TV ingestion of Fox News.

I need to limit my time reading the Drudge Report, The Blaze, Fox News.

I would like to eat more fruits and vegetables and listen to more music and spend more time helping others.

I would like to stop complaining, stop any anger I have, slow down and speed up.

Get the hell out of Utah, not literally, but figuratively.

Don’t like where you live, move.

Want to change, stop doing what you are doing now!

I am taking a road trip to shake things up in my life.  What I was doing is not working for me. I am blessed to have the resources and time to go on this trip.  Thank you Lord.

I think I should stop, I have five more hand written pages to write.

More later



















 

1 comment: