Friday, January 17, 2014

Day 6 on my trip to Florida, Daly's restaurant.

I left Pensacola FL today at 7:50 am, it was 52 degrees outside.  I had a false start, 15 minutes into the trek south I attempted to take a picture and guess what?  No battery, yikes.  I had left it in the hotel room charging so I promptly turned around and retrieved my battery, a 30 minute delay on my start. 

I headed for Destin and Panama City to start my journey from there I headed for Tampa Bay. 

Do you feel unsettled in your life?  make a list of the things you NEED to change in your life, prioritize them and then begin working on them one by one.  Don't stop!

Stop lying to yourself and others.  Begin living your life truthfully regardless of the consequence.

The Gulf Coast Breezeway at rush hour, so very slow, so many cars, way to many stoplights.

Idea for a support group, "Anger Management Network".  Helping people manage the anger in their life.  So many people have way to much anger and I think it is getting worse.  People need to learn the techniques of dealing with their anger.

Panama City, way to big, traffic way to slow, way to many stoplights, just another big town on the coast.

I don't think I like big cities, way to congested.  Salt Lake is a good size.

I have known for a long time that I don't like being judged, compared or criticized.  Keep your opinions to yourself.  I don't want or need to hear them.  I need to surround myself with positive, loving, intelligent people.

"We are disturbed not by what happens to us but by our thoughts about what happens to us. 
"Suffering is optional, you don't have to suffer if you don't want to, it is a choice."
"Do you ever notice that your thoughts about something don't line up with your reality."
"All the stress we have in life is caused by arguing with ourselves about "What is"."
"Remember to "stay in your own business" and stay out of other people's business."

I am in a bumper to bumper traffic heading south on Hwy 75 to Tampa Bay.  When I say bumper to bumper I mean it, I see traffic ahead of me as far as the eye can see.  I have been in this jam for 30 minutes already.

Now I am dead stopped for over 10 minutes, what the hell?  This is a fricken interstate.  This is the main north south route in Florida and it is only 2 lanes wide for 25 million people, great planning.  Expand the freeway please.

I have called the Hwy Patrol a couple of times.  I guess there was an accident earlier in the day and they closed the freeway for two hours.  I am going to get to my destination one and a half hours latter than I had hoped.

I found myself wanting to get anger.  How dare this happen TO ME! I continued to tell myself.

"IT IS WHAT IT IS AND I CAN'T CHANGE IT" Ten simple words that calmed me down every time.  I didn't want anger to get the best of me.  Sometimes in life we just have to go with the flow. We don't have control over everything or anyone, it is best just to relax and enjoy the ride.

Final stop Daly's restaurant, a burger joint in Seminole FL owned by my former Brother in law, Phil Robey.  I finally arrived around 7:30 and Phil made me a double hamburger with cheese, French fry's and a milk shake, it was delicious.  I recommend you go to Daly's restaurant if you are ever near the Tampa Bay area, the address is 10754 70th Ave, Seminole FL.













No comments:

Post a Comment