Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Having difficulty understanding the Trinity, here is a little something I wrote that might help

Understanding The Holy Trinity
 (an analogy)

Some people have a hard time grasping the concept of the Holy Trinity. For some, it is just to difficult to imagine that God, his Son Jesus and the Holy Spirit are one (Catholics teach this along with other Christian denominations) Click on the link below to read the Wikipedia text to see what the Mormons originally taught.

(Mormons originally taught the Adam -God doctrine)

Several years ago I wrote a simple explanation of the Holy Trinity in hopes that the class I was teaching would better understand the relationship between God, his son Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. I hope after reading this, the concept of the Trinity makes a little more sense.  



Think of God as the Sun






There is one God *, only one God, one son which is God’s word made manifest as flesh** and one Holy Spirit. Think of God as the sun and Jesus as the rays of the sun. The sun produces light and heat. We can see the image of the sun, and the light that radiates from the sun. We can also feel the heat from the sun. Just so we are on the same page thus far, we can see the image of the sun, the sunlight (rays) and the heat from the Sun.

1. Sun Image (Sun)
2. Light from the Sun
3. We can feel the heat from the Sun


Just as the sun cannot be without the light of its rays, the rays of the sun could not be without the Sun. The sun and its rays are one, without beginning or end, they are the same. You can't have one without the other. You cannot separate the sun from the light it produces just as you cannot separate the sunlight from the sun. Think of God our father as the sun and Jesus is the sunlight, they are one in the same. You can't have one without the other. The Holy Spirit is the warmth of the light from the sun. 

1.  Think of God as the Sun
2.  Think of Jesus as the light of the sun or rays of the Sun
3.  Think of the Holy Spirit as the warmth of the light of the Sun.


The sun produces heat which is carried by the light. Just as you have light, you have heat. The sun, the light and the heat are all one; one cannot be separated from the others. If you have one you have all three, just as God, the son, and the Holy Spirit are one. You can’t have one without the other. 


*1 Corinthians 8:6

But we know that there is only one God, the Father, who created everything, and we live for him. And there is only one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom God made everything and through whom we have been given life. (NLV)

**John 1(NIV)

The Word Became Flesh

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life,and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

 18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

In these passages, we see that there is only one God and one Jesus Christ.  Jesus Christ is the word of God made flesh.  God saw a need to communicate with his people in a form they could identify with, human as they were.  In the old testament, God communicated with his people through prophets. For a variety of reasons, God believed he needed to come to earth.  So he came to earth in a manner which people could identify with, as a baby.  He walked among the people for 30 years before he started his 3 year ministry.  

Just so we are on the same page.

God came to earth and became Jesus.  God and Jesus are one in the same.  Jesus is the word of God made human.  Instead of communicating through prophets, he came to earth and began his 3 year ministry communicating to not only the Jews but the gentiles. God was communicating to those around him in a form they could identify with, as human.  

So God and Jesus are one and the same, just as the Sun and the light from the sun are one in the same.  

The Holy Spirit is introduced in .....


John 14:16 (NIV)

Jesus said, "And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever."

Jesus told his disciples that when he left them he would ask his father to provide them with an advocate (holy spirit) to help them and be with them forever.  

It is easiest for me to understand that the advocate is the spirit of Jesus.

To recap

1.  God
2.  The word of god came to earth in the form of human, Jesus
3.  When Jesus died, he left his spirit with all of us, the Holy Spirit.

So you see, God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are one in the same.

I hope this helps.  Feel free to private message me on Facebook if would like to communicate about this further.

Have a great day.

(I am sorry about the way the type is formatted, that is a problem with blogger.  I am not a biblical scholar, what I wrote just helps me understand the Holy Trinity a little better.  I apologize to those of you who may be a biblical scholar and can shoot holes in my explanation. )

To learn more about this subject, please free free to contact me at coachbillconley@gmail.com

Sound advice for life (Motivation coach and speaker, Entrepreneur, Life Coach, Author, Father)

Twitter:  billconley7

Please go to billconley.net and take the free personal values assessment.  It only takes a few minutes and at the end of the assessment you will be emailed a 15 page report that I am sure will be enlightening to you,.



5 comments:

  1. My name is Eric Robert i am very grateful sharing this great testimonies with you, The best thing that has ever happened in my life is how i won the lottery. I am a man who believe that one day i will win the lottery.finally my dreams came through when i email Dr Sambo. and told him i need the lottery numbers. i have come a long way spending money on ticket just to make sure i win. But i never knew that winning was so easy until the day i meant the spell caster online which so many people has talked about that he is very great in casting lottery spell, so i decided to give him a try.I contacted this man and he did a spell and he gave me the winning lottery numbers. But believe me when the draws were out i was among winners. i won 107,932,603.20 million Dollar. Dr. Sambo truly you are the best, with these man you can win millions of money through lottery. i am so very happy to meet these man, i will forever be grateful to you. Email him for your own winning lottery numbers .hies mail: divinespellhome@gmail.com or Divinespellhome@yahoo.com and you can also call him +2348145810121 THANKS..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Guys….I just want to say a big thanks to ( Dr Ogbe ) for what he has done for me and my family by helping me to win lottery. I won Five Hundred and Thirty Three Million Us Dollars. (($533,000,000.00)). His lottery spell is the best and so amazing. My life is now balance and i am Now Very Rich As i have always wanted and i am out of doubt. Are you looking for a real and genuine spell caster to help you win big in any kind of lottery you play? you can contact DrOgbe , today all your plan to ever win Big in Lottery will Come True and work out well for you. His spell very real and genuine i can not still believe it And His spell also work very fast. Thank you so much Dr Ogbe for dedicating your time to cast the Lottery spell for me. I got my bills paid and my debt cleared and am still mega rich. If you need a real And Genuine spell caster to help you Win lottery,kindly contact him for fast and urgent Help Email: drogbeherbalcure5@gmail.com whatsapp numbers +2347063915230THANK YOU FOR READING

      Delete
  2. My experience on how i won power ball lottery with the help of a voodoo spell caster

    My name is Michelle Teel And i live in USA, New York, I have to give this miraculous testimony on how i won power ball lottery with the help of Dr. Jakiki magic lottery numbers. I won $ 900,000.00 USD and my life have change entirely for good. All my debts are been settled and cleared. I am here to say that Dr. Jakiki is the best to contact if really you need help in winning lottery. I have spent so much money playing this game for many years and i have never win a reasonable money,all i ever won is $245. But Dr. Jakiki help me and i won $900,000.00usd. Sir Jakiki i am very thankful to you for what you did for me. I just brought a house and a car last week. With these great Dr. you can win millions of money through lottery. I am so very happy to meet these great man,God has use him to bless me and others people. Please their is no harm in trying,i will advice you to contact him now for you own winning lottery numbers and i assure you that he will help you and your life will also change around for good. Email him for your own winning lottery numbers: Spellcasthome@gmail.com Call or text him +1 (402) 892-2486
    Read through his website and see others testimony: http://spellcasthome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My testimony on how i won £4,000,000 with the great help of Dr Davi powerful lottery spell: Call him +55 (11) 97732-4658   
    It's unbelievable how fortunate I feel after finding your website. For the past 14 years, I have been looking for a way on how i will win lottery. Money situation was one of the biggest problem to me. I had a huge amount of debt and I didn't know what to do. Out of complete and total desperation, I contacted many of those so-called individuals who promised powerful magic to win the lottery, witchcraft or black magic. None of them worked and none were as wonderful, affectionate and warm as Dr Davi has been. He is definitely different from the others and I felt immediate hope and strength from hearing about the promises he had to offer. He carries an air of purity and divine strength that is as pure as fresh snow on the ground. I requested Dr Davi most powerful spells and I was relieved right away that I had someone to solve my problems for me. His spells worked wonders,i won (Four Million pounds) my money troubles resolved itself after winning the lottery. My life change over night,i now have my own house and two cars,also i am free from my debts. Dr Davi, I have no idea what I would have done without you being there to help me out. If you are there and you need a powerful magic to win the lottery,Dr. Davi is the right person you need to trust and work with,i promise you that you will also win and share your own testimony. You can contact him via email:

    Spelltemple@fastmail.com Call or text him +55 (11) 97732-4658 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Guys….I just want to say a big thanks to ( Dr Ogbe ) for what he has done for me and my family by helping me to win lottery. I won Five Hundred and Thirty Three Million Us Dollars. (($533,000,000.00)). His lottery spell is the best and so amazing. My life is now balance and i am Now Very Rich As i have always wanted and i am out of doubt. Are you looking for a real and genuine spell caster to help you win big in any kind of lottery you play? you can contact DrOgbe , today all your plan to ever win Big in Lottery will Come True and work out well for you. His spell very real and genuine i can not still believe it And His spell also work very fast. Thank you so much Dr Ogbe for dedicating your time to cast the Lottery spell for me. I got my bills paid and my debt cleared and am still mega rich. If you need a real And Genuine spell caster to help you Win lottery,kindly contact him for fast and urgent Help Email: drogbeherbalcure5@gmail.com whatsapp numbers +2347063915230THANK YOU FOR READING

    ReplyDelete