Sunday, January 17, 2016

Reasons you fail to make changes in your life and a couple possible solutions

Reasons you fail to make changes in your life and a couple possible solutions

We have all done it or not done it as may be the case.  We know we need to get this or that done, but we just can’t seem to muster up the effort to move forward, why is that?

Procrastination and avoidance are prevalent and rampant throughout our society.  Changing our life and our behavior for many becomes difficult if not impossible for a variety of reasons; let’s look at a few of these.

Lack of knowledge.  How many times do we find ourselves desiring to this or that but believe and that is the key word, believe we just don’t have the knowledge we need to move forward, in other words, we just don’t know how to proceed.

Lack of desire or interest.  I know, I know, I should move forward on this or that, I just don’t have interest in doing so.  I know it is something I should do, but, I would rather do something else instead. 

Lack of time. Some of us do lack the time to make the changes we desire to make in our life.  We create business in our life which makes it difficult to make the necessary changes in our life.

Priorities.  It is just not a priority.


Here are several more.........

Lack the necessary will.
We believe it is just too difficult.
We don’t want to do it.
It is outside our comfort zone.
We believe we are better equipped to do something else or want to do something else we believe we have more knowledge or feel more comfortable or believe we are better at.
It is just too complicated or difficult and we desire to do something less difficult or that we have done before.
We just don’t want to learn anything new and are comfortable with our knowledge level we currently have.
We ask, why can’t I just find a job or vocation using my current knowledge level, why do I have to learn something new.
I don’t want to learn anything new, it seems difficult and complicated to me and I don’t want to put in the time, energy and effort, it requires to move forward.
I like to do this or that more, why can’t I just do this or that, why do I have to do something new.
It is like putting a round peg in a square hole, I feel like a round peg and I want to fit in a round hole and I am resisting changing my shape and fitting in a square hole, because I like being a round peg and I am good at being a round peg and I want to continue being a round peg.
It is just too much work, too much to learn and I don’t want to learn what I need to and do the kind of work I don’t want to do.  I just want to do what I know and not learn anything new, learning something new is not something I want to do, it is just too hard.
I want someone to teach me or show me how to do it, I am uncomfortable learning new things on my own, and I find it too difficult.
I want someone else to do it for me.
I procrastinate and fill my time with other things I like to do more because I just don’t know how to do what I need to do and I don’t want to take the time and effort I know is necessary to learn the things I need to learn because even though I know where to begin, it just seems to difficult and I don’t want to do it.
I don’t want to make the necessary changes in my life that I know I need to make because I am afraid of what I might become or the new world I will create for myself and I am unsure that is something I want to do.
I know the here and now and am comfortable with the here and now and there is no significant reason I believe for making changes in my life that are larger than the life I am currently operating in.
I am just not good at or have the knowledge to do or learn the things I need to learn in order for me to move ahead.
I just don’t want to do it.  I want to do something else instead that I enjoy more and I know I am good at.
Technology has passed me by and I don’t want to or don’t know how to learn the new things I need to learn in order for me to move ahead.



Possible solutions

Baby steps.  You don’t have to learn it all at once, take one small step each day to learning the new things that will propel you to a better future.

Do one small thing every day and be consistent. Start off doing the thing you like the most and over time you will be amazed at your progress and then the things you like to do the least will come easily and you may even anticipate doing them.

Continually remind yourself as to why you are doing the things you are doing.

Need help, seek out help. Remind yourself of your priorities and the reason you are making the changes in your life. Having a life coach as an advocate may help you change your mindset.

Make a list of things you need to do.  Break your list up into smaller tasks.

Schedule time to accomplish what you need to do. Put it on your calendar.



To learn more about this subject or life coaching, please contact me at

Twitter:  @billconley7
Website: billconley.net 
Website: Claritypointcoaching.com (click on the certified practitioners)
Website: Noomii.com (in search bar, put my name in, Bill Conley)

Sound advice for life (Motivation coach and speaker, Entrepreneur, Life Coach, Author, Father)

Please go to billconley.net and take the free personal values assessment.  It only takes a few minutes and at the end of the assessment you will be emailed a 15 page report highlighting subconscious fears that may be getting in your way of achieving the life you want and deserve.

You may click on the link below to take the assessment.



3 comments:

  1. This is unbelievable. Sometimes it's good to try out somethings,
    My name is James Rodriguez, few weeks ago I saw a write-up about Dr Sambo helping someone to win huge amount of money , I have it a try and now here I am a millionaire. Dr Sambo made me very rich by giving me lucky winning numbers to play and I won . Dr Sambo is the solution to every poverty on earth . Contact him now Email: divinespellhome@gmail.com or divinespellhome@yahoo.com
    Dr. Sambo Whats,App.+2348145810121 and be as happy as I am right now

    ReplyDelete
  2. My testimony on how i won £4,000,000 with the great help of Dr Davi powerful lottery spell: Call him +55 (11) 97732-4658   
    It's unbelievable how fortunate I feel after finding your website. For the past 14 years, I have been looking for a way on how i will win lottery. Money situation was one of the biggest problem to me. I had a huge amount of debt and I didn't know what to do. Out of complete and total desperation, I contacted many of those so-called individuals who promised powerful magic to win the lottery, witchcraft or black magic. None of them worked and none were as wonderful, affectionate and warm as Dr Davi has been. He is definitely different from the others and I felt immediate hope and strength from hearing about the promises he had to offer. He carries an air of purity and divine strength that is as pure as fresh snow on the ground. I requested Dr Davi most powerful spells and I was relieved right away that I had someone to solve my problems for me. His spells worked wonders,i won (Four Million pounds) my money troubles resolved itself after winning the lottery. My life change over night,i now have my own house and two cars,also i am free from my debts. Dr Davi, I have no idea what I would have done without you being there to help me out. If you are there and you need a powerful magic to win the lottery,Dr. Davi is the right person you need to trust and work with,i promise you that you will also win and share your own testimony. You can contact him via email:

    Spelltemple@fastmail.com Call or text him +55 (11) 97732-4658 

    ReplyDelete

  3. I want to say a big thanks to Dr. Jakiki for helping me to win the lottery. I won ($1,000,000.00)

    I never thought i will share a testimony with so much joy in my heart today, years has gone by without a fruitful reward over playing the lottery daily,i have spent a lot on tips on how to win the lottery,but when i came across Dr.Jakiki my life change for good. I requested a lottery spell,and he cast the spell and send me the winning lottery number. Now i am a proud lottery winner with the help of Dr.Jakiki. I won $ one millions dollars and I am making this known to every one of you who have been trying all day to win the lottery, believe me this is the only way to win the lottery with better price amount, this is the real contact we all have been searching for. Contact him now:

    Spellcasthome@gmail.com or Spellcasthome@yahoo.com His web site: http://spellcasthome.blogspot.com

    Text or call him now: +1 (402) 892-2486

    ReplyDelete