Monday, September 4, 2023

I am so tired

 

I am so tired

I haven’t slept through the whole night for 4 months. I feel like a walking zombie. It is amazing how when you are tired your spirit seems to be asleep as well. I don’t find myself with the same energy to write, read, or pray. Maybe I am bored, that could be. I started reading the New Testament for the 6th time, which may be bit overkill, seeing as though I read it five times in about 10-12 weeks.

I am not all that excited about reading the Old Testament but I think I am going to start reading selective books from the Old Testament.

I do pray multiple times throughout the day. I am typically not distracted when I pray and I do feel the spirit however I feel as though I could pray more often and vary my prayers a bit.

I seem to pray for the same things, however that may be ok.

You know it is not easy to pray continuously, read your scriptures every day and listen for the prompting of the Holy Spirit, especially when you are tired.

It seems to get pushed towards the tail end of our daily responsibilities and before you know it we aren’t praying, reading the scriptures or feeling the comfort or guidance of the Holy Spirit.

Fatigue really zaps your energy, even in here where I have very few if any responsibilities, fatigue is draining me, and lack of sleep is zapping my energy. I don’t feel as though I have the energy to write or to read. I know it is not because I am bored with the scriptures, it is because I am tired, drained, don’t have much energy.

Therefore my interest in praying and reading the scriptures is lessened.

Maybe I set my goals too high, I was trying to read a bare minimum of 12 chapters a day and in many cases I was reading 30 – 40 chapters per day. I have shortened my goal to write 5 pages per day, and I typically don’t reach that objective, that doesn’t bother me however.

I just want to let you know that pray continuously, reading your scriptures daily and walking in the commandments of the Lord is not always easy, but it is necessary.

I love to pray, read and write. I love feeling the spirit, I know for a fact following the path of righteousness will lead to happiness.

It may be confusing because people who follow the ways of man and Satan will constantly be working on you. Satan is everywhere. Even when you are doing righteous things, behavior, people will try to make you think you have done something wrong. Satan is everywhere and he will work on you any way he can.

Just know the good will always win out over the evil.

Do the right thing; be honest, truthful no matter what the consequence, especially to others.

Don’t compromise your values to appease others.

Don’t ever lie to cover someone else’s misbehavior.

You may not be accepted but you will be obedient to the commands of the Lord which will bring you peace, happiness and joy.

Other people will try to make you feel bad if you don’t cover for their misbehavior.

John 15:18-27

The World Hates the Disciples

18 “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. 20 Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.  If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. 21 They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me. 22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23 Whoever hates me hates my Father as well. 24 If I had not done among them the works no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. As it is, they have seen, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. 25 But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: ‘They hated me without reason.

The Work of the Holy Spirit

26 “When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me. 27 And you also must testify, for you have been with me from the beginning.

Tell the truth and let them suffer the consequence of their misbehavior.

If they are not your friend any more, oh well.

With friends like that who needs enemies.

Always stand up for your convictions; you are bound to lose friends, especially those who don’t know the Lord, if you remain strong in your walk with the Lord.

When you compromise your convictions you will only feel pain, misery and suffering plus you will have sinned and will need to ask the Lord for forgiveness.

The old saying is not true “It is better to plead for forgiveness than to ask for permissions.”

Don’t take anything for granted, don’t assume anything is okay without first asking.

If you hear the voice of the Holy Spirit telling you not to do something, listen and obey, this is the voice of our Heavenly Father.

Sure I am tired, exhausted, too tired to pray?

No.

To read the scriptures?

No.

Even if it is a short prayer of remembrance or a few verses of scriptures.

Have faith, walk your talk, give the Lord some time, he is after all your best friend. He should come before anything in your life. He knows you’re busy, and he is extremely patient, he will never leave you nor forsake you. When you feel tired, pray to the Lord for strength, energy and comfort, he will give liberally to those who ask.

Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, I love you Lord.

Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment