Monday, September 4, 2023

Innovative Sales technique

 

Innovative Sales technique

 

I heard a radio infomercial this morning at 5:00 a.m. and was intrigued by some of the sales techniques they used. I will call what I heard deflect and redirect. Here is what happened, a woman called into the infomercial talk show with the following questions. “What will happen if and when I stop using or taking the fat burner product?” Instead of answering the question the talk show host asked her a question. Name, how much weight do you wish to lose? She indicated around 40 pounds. Then he asked her if she ever felt tired or exhausted? She indicated she felt that way all the time. He immediately went into talking about the benefits of his product and how it could help her to lose the weight and regain the energy she lost. He ignored her question by deflection and then redirected her by using another question. He deflected the question by asking another question that he knows his product's benefits could fulfill. He first asked her a question which would allow him to talk about the benefits of his product. In order to do this he 1. Knew what simply probing question he wanted to use, 2. Knew what questions to ask so as to draw out the prospect, 3. Knew the benefits of his product, 4. Knew his product, 5. Knew what question to ask to draw the prospect out and more importantly he knew how she might respond, 6. Her response would allow him to demonstrate the benefits of using his product to fulfill a perceived need, 7. He sold hope. Hope that 1. She would lose weight, 2. Look better, 3. Feel better, 4. Have more energy, 5. Not be so tired, 6. Be more attractive etc. He controlled the sales process by asking questions he knew the answers to. He knew what she would say. He knew the customers hot buttons, he knew what types of questions to ask to push those hot buttons and he knew how the benefits of his product would fulfill those hot buttons. Deflect and don’t answer questions associated with your product that don't put your product in the best light. You need to be sensitive to the signs or perceived stumbling blocks associated with the purchase of your product. Redirect the consumer (prospect) back to the essential benefits of your product by using well thought out questions that lead to a perceived need by the consumer which your product can satisfy to their satisfaction. Other things in the infomercial that they used were A. testimonials – it is very important to have customer testimonials from people who have used your product and were happy with your product. It doesn’t hurt to provide these people with some sort of incentive (money or product) for their help and support. B. Experts – another form of a testimonial, this time using people who are perceived experts in the field. These people can also be your spokesperson. If you can’t find an expert then you need to sell yourself as the expert. You need to sell yourself, your credentials and your credibility. An expert is someone the customer perceives they can trust and therefore will give their time and attention to listening. They believe they will get something of value out of listening to an expert. C. Product specials – it is important to use product specials as an enticement to using your product. For example 10% off first order, buy two get one free, free shipping, introductory price, 30 day money back guarantee, throw in other products free as an incentive to purchase and even if they return the original product, they can keep the free product, just for trying you, your company and your product or service. Insurance company example. If the customer buys $250,000 face value of whole life insurance, the company might throw in a $25,000 10 year term insurance policy for free. Other freebies, cables, connectors, extended warranty, gift baskets, polo shirts, hats, etc. D. Money back guarantee – important to let the customer try the product for a period of time (30 days for example) so that they can see for themselves the benefits of using your product. If they are not fully satisfied they can return the product, no strings attached for a full refund. Money back guarantee. You could also allow your prospect demonstrate the product – try before they buy scenario. E. Objections – important to be aware of these up front and have a counter for them as they arise. If you know what a customer’s objection is going to be, it is important to add this to your sales presentation and present it as a benefit. That way the prospect can’t use it as an objection – a reason not to buy. Objections are nothing more than a request for more information. They are telling you what areas they are not sold in yet. F. Hope – we are in the business of selling hope. Customers buy because they hope that by spending the money on whatever it is they are buying that the product will meet or satisfy a perceived need. Max Factor was selling a $1.00 lip stick product but it wasn’t selling well. So they relabeled it, charged $6.00 dollars and told women it would make them look sexier, more beautiful, and more desirable. Same product, different sell. They were selling hope of better looks. When you sell hope, you are selling things such as this will make you look better, thinner, more attractive, more desirable, healthier, more energetic etc. We also sell the hope that our product will save you time, energy and money by its use. We all want products that will simplify our lives, make our lives easier. We all hope for a better tomorrow, more health, energy, looks, money, happiness etc. I hope you understand what I am writing about.

 

Logo design – I would like my company to be identified by my logo in and of itself. I want others to be able to look at my logo and immediately associate it with the name of my company. For example the Nike swoosh, the Pepsi symbol, golden arches of McDonalds. The logo therefore must be separate from the company name and be able to stand on its own. Another example of this would be an entertainer who only uses one name, like Madonna. I forgot to start off with segment by saying. As I was walking, the Lord was talking and this is what I heard. As I was walking this morning, I jotted down the above information. I wanted to thank you Lord for providing me with the above understanding and the inspiration to write it down. It is one thing to think something; it is all together something different when you take the time to write it down. It helps to clarify the information. I have one more section to write down, on the subject of threats but I think I will save it until tomorrow. Right now my hand hurts quite badly and I think I have written about as much as I can for today. I want to thank you Lord for this wonderful day, I love you Lord, and I most certainly love my wife. Tomorrow is my last full day in this institution. On Monday morning I will be going home. I can hardly wait to get home. Thank you Lord for watching over me, thank you for keeping me safe. Amen!

A little later

 

This is a continuation of yesterday. I quit yesterday because my hand hurt so bad. It does not feel much better today. In fact it hurts worse. Threats – an expression of the intention to inflict harm. A possible source of danger. Retaliate – to return like for like, especially evil for evil. The Lord has told us that vengeance is mine and that we should not seek to avenge. We should also not seek to retaliate nor should we make threats against others, especially if it is done maliciously, with the intent of inflicting pain, misery and suffering. In business it is proper to threaten someone with a civil law suit for non-payment. There are instances where a threat is valid such as the one I just mentioned. Threats should not be used to coerce a person into doing something they would not ordinarily do. We should never threaten someone with bodily harm. You should not use a threat as a scare tactic. When dealing with children you should never threaten them, it is important to give them the choice and be very specific of the consequences regarding those choices. The Lord has told us to love our neighbor as our self. Would we threaten our self or retaliate against our self? Threatening others is easy but it rarely hits the mark. It only causes the relationship to become strained. It is not a means of building a bridge to another person, on the other hand, it is very destructive and is typically used to inflict pain, misery and suffering in another child of God. Threats and retaliation should be avoided at all cost. Something other I have learned here which is somewhat difficult is to be sensitive to others feelings and be sensitive to the relationship. It is very important to be careful in what you say and how you say it to others. It is better to just not say anything, especially about trivial matters that could fracture the relationship or cause tension, conflict, mistrust to occur. There are so many times I wanted to open my mouth and speak about an injustice I thought were happening, I have learned to shut my mouth. There were so many times I wanted to tell someone of a higher authority about the conduct or behavior of their subordinate and stopped myself from saying anything. Some things are none of my business! Period! It is better to think these things through before you say anything. 99 times out of 100, alerting someone of somebody else’s business will only lead to trouble. Best to mind your own business and stay out of other people’s business, especially when it does not concern you or you know that sharing this information will not make a difference. Keep your nose out of areas that don’t concern you. Let those things that bother you pass! They always will. Keeping your mouth shut pays big time dividends. Trust me. I love you my Lord my God, I love my wife. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ. I started writing June 16th, 2001 and haven’t missed one day, thank you Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment