Monday, September 4, 2023

What is that purpose of Marriage?

 

What is that purpose of Marriage?

                           

Only the couple can know that for sure. It would be good if they knew and agreed on before the marriage what the common purpose would be. That way there would be no fighting because they would be united in their cause and effort. In fact do people ever sit down to write out the goals of their union? What do they have in common, what do they agree upon, what do they hope to accomplish as a couple. What can they do together better than if the two were separated?

 

Marriages that last must have a common purpose.

 

Something to work towards, for, a goal, an objective, a theme.

 

It is important in the marriage relationship for there to be total and complete equality. One person cannot and should not dominate the other, control or have more power over the other, deem themselves more superior, important, vital, and necessary, to the other.

 

It takes two to tango.

 

There is no “I” in TEAM.

 

One member should not live in fear of the other, be intimidated, coerced or threatened, belittled, criticized, yelled at, compared, punished, forced, by the other.

 

Remember when you marry, two become one flesh, you are no longer two, you are one and the Lord said whatever you do to the least of my brothers or sisters, you do unto me.

 

When we become a brother or sister in Christ, the spirit of Jesus Christ lives within each of us.

 

When we are critical of our spouse, when we attempt to dominate, punish (in any way – not talking, stop being intimate, distancing our self) etc. we are doing this not only to our self, because the two have become one, but also to Jesus Christ because his spirit lives within our united partner.

 

How dare we hurt our self, our partner and Jesus Christ by sinning. The Lord has called us to live in peace, harmony, to stop arguing, watch our tongue, to stop looking after our selfish ambition.

 

We are called to love one another as our self since the two have become one flesh and to serve the Lord our God by serving one another or in this case our self since the two have become one flesh.

 

What you do for your marriage partner is not really service, you are not their servant.

 

Since the two have become one flesh, anything you do for your marriage partner you do for you.

 

There is no distinction in the Lords eyes, he has made it abundantly clear, and two shall become one flesh. So anything you do for your marriage partner and I emphasize the word anything, do out of love, not service. Not to please your partner, not because you feel coerced, threatened, in fear, like you have no choice, don’t do it for them, do it for yourself.

 

By loving others and giving to others especially your marriage partner what you are really saying is I love myself. Do unto others as you would have others do unto you – Matthew 7:12.

 

In life when you are single thinking about the perfect mate, men or women, you would like to marry. Remember, you will never find the perfect mate! Secondly, you shouldn’t be looking, searching, attempting to find the right mate, you should become the person you are looking for and they will naturally gravitate to you.

 

Do you want someone who is kind, loving, not jealous, considerate, compassionate, and romantic, loves the Lord, etc. etc. etc.

 

Be that person first and a like person will naturally gravitate to you.

 

Be careful not to make a wrong choice.

 

2 Corinthians 14-16Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common?

 

Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?

 

What harmony is there between Christ and Belial (Satan)?

 

What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?

 

What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols?

 

You should not look for the right person; you need to be the right person.

 

The world is a mirror image of what you project.

 

Project love and you will get love in return. Project fear and that is what you will get in return. Project greed, self-centeredness, humility, haring, caring, giving, patience, respect, dignity, truth, honesty, integrity, etc. etc. etc. that is what you will get in return. A greedy person, self-centered, narcissistic person will end up with another greedy, self-centered, narcissistic person. A loving, kind, God loving person will end up with another loving, kind, God loving person, if they make the right choice.

 

We do need to introduce the element of Satan in this equation.

 

He will try to destroy anything that is good that is why Lord has advised us to be on guard at all times, to pray continuously, to love our neighbor as our self. He knows we have a tendency to look after our own interest. Philippians 2:21 – For everyone looks out for their own interest, not those of Jesus Christ.

 

However the Lord wants us to love and serve him above all else. We can do this by loving and serving or giving to our neighbor.

 

Don’t look for the right mate, be the right mate first, and then the right mate will gravitate to you.

 

If you have questions about your choices in life, make sure you pray as it says in Philippians 4:6, 7Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Jesus Christ.

 

Are you uncertain what to pray for, don’t worry.

 

James 1:5If any of you lack wisdom, he should ask God who gives generously to all without finding fault and it will be given to him. Also in Romans 8:26 – In the same way, the spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the spirit himself intercedes for us with groans and words cannot express.

 

Are you uncertain, confused, and debating with yourself?

 

Don't worry, don’t be anxious, and don’t fret.

 

Remember to breath, relax, develop patient endurance, and take one day at a time. Develop the skill to find joy in everything, every day.

 

Don’t let your yesterday’s control your today and your tomorrows. Don’t let your tomorrows control your today.

 

Take care of your business today, do what is right today, love today, live today, give today, hope today, have faith today, and your tomorrows will turn out just fine. Why be anxious about something in the future that you have no control over this very second. Is it good to be concerned about the future, to make plans, to have goals, to prepare. Absolutely. Should we worry, be anxious, frightened, afraid, panic, fear, wonder, about the future and future events. Absolutely not. In business I had a daily sales objective, each day I focused on accomplishing that objective, I knew that my accomplishing that objective daily that I would then accomplish my weekly, monthly and yearly objective. However it came down to hour by hour, minute by minute, assessment of my daily objective. I do this in life as well as business. Each day I wake up and ask myself what do I need to do today? I either make a mental list or a written list and then I set my day in motion with those objectives in mind. I plan my day around accomplishing those daily objectives. Once I am done with their accomplishment, I allow myself time to relax and enjoy my free time. It is important to have longer term objectives, 1 week, 1 month, several months, ½ year, 1 year, multiple years, 5, 10, 15-20, 50 year objectives. Once we know what we would like to accomplish in a longer term we can then break down that objective into something more manageable, such as a daily objective. I even break my day up into hours so as to be monitoring the accomplishment of my objective hour by hour and sometimes minute by minute. Without a long range plan, it is difficult to set a short range (daily) plan. Prepare a plan, and then work your plan. Put your plan into action, moment by moment, day by day. Don’t ever take a day for granted. Our days on this earth are numbered; take each day, one at a time and make the very most out of each day. As it says in Thessalonians 5:16 – Be joyful always, pray continuously, give thanks in all circumstances. Are you unhappy, sad, miserable, in pain, suffering, discontent, defeated, down, uncomfortable, uncertain, in doubt or fear, lacking, not understanding, unsure, without hope? Take comfort all that can and will change with time. Today was not exactly the same as yesterday and tomorrow will not exactly be the same as today. Why not decide to find joy in everything, why not be positive, and look at the bright side of life, the silver lining. Why not be optimistic, have hope, dream for something better, appreciate what you have, count your blessings. Don’t give up, don’t despair, don’t worry, don’t be frightened or afraid or scared, Jesus Christ our Lord and savior is here to comfort us. Get down on your knees and thank him for the many blessing you do have, don’t leave out any. If you feel as though you don't have any, thank him for the air and the water and thank him that you are still alive. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, I am alive in Christ. It is such a blessing, a couple of days ago I thought I wanted to write about the subject of power and control. This morning I thought I would like to write about love and fear. The good Lord has other plans for me as I write. I am inspired as I write; the Holy Spirit directs my thoughts so that I may learn what the Lord has to share with me through my writing. It is a beautiful day to be alive, to have this time to explore thoughts and be directed to look at certain passages from the Holy Bible. I set out a little while back to write 10 pages a day. That was my goal. However when I began working I quickly realized that daily objective was becoming more difficult, so I let the Lord guide me, instead of me attempting to force myself, I find that the Lord directs my writing according to his will and purpose, not mine. He knows better than I what he has in store for me. I then just go with the flow. If I am inspired to write I do, if I am not, I don’t. I don’t beat myself up daily for writing too little. The Lord will direct me as he desires. I find incredible joy in this. Today my wife and 4 beautiful daughters are heading to Hawaii for vacation. I pray Lord that you will provide them with a safe trip today. Watch over them and provide my beautiful wife with the energy and strength she needs to make it through this day. Be with each one of them Lord and may your spirit dance in their hearts, may your light shine brightly within each of them and may they not put your/their light under a basket but on a table top for all to see. I love you Lord, I love my wife. Thank you for an answer to my prayer. Yesterday I prayed you would continue to provide me with inspiration and today I received it. Thank you for all my answers to prayer. I am truly blessed. I totally and 150% accept you as my Lord and savior Jesus Christ. I have faith, hope and charity. I look forward to the day when we will be reunited, until that day I will shine brightly in this world of darkness. I commit to loving and serving my neighbor, giving my love to my wife, obeying your commandments, remaining positive, optimistic and joyful. Thank you for my happiness, my peace and my laughter. You are awesome Lord. Amen. 

 

Hebrews 2:14, 15

Satan è Sins è Death, Eternal Damnation

Jesus è Truth è Life, Eternal Salvation

 

Other great verses Hebrews 13:5 – Keep your lives free from the love of money and are content with what you have. 13:8 – Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. 12:14 – Make every effort to live in peace with all men. 12:7 – Endure hardships as discipline, God is treating you as sons. 10:18 – And where these (sins) have been forgiven, there is no longer any sacrifice for sin. 3:4 – For every house is built by somebody but God is the builder of everything. 3:13 – But encourage one another daily. The following are from the Book of James. 1:2-5 – Consider it pure joy brothers whenever you face trials of many kinds because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom he should ask God who gives generously to all without finding fault and it will be given to him. 1:15 – Then after desire is conceived it gives birth to sin and sin when it is full grown gives birth to death. 2:9, 10 – But if you show favoritism you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers. For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. 2:26 – As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead. 5:9 – Don’t grumble against each other brothers or you will be judged, the judge is standing at the door. The following is from 1 Timothy 2:5 – For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Jesus Christ, who gave himself as a ransom for all men. 4:8 – For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come. 5:21 – Keep these instructions without partiality and to do nothing out of favoritism. 6:6, 7, 8 – But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, be content with that. 6:10 – For the love of money is the root of all evil. 6:12 – Fight the good fight of faith. 5:8 – If anyone does not provide for his relatives and especially his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever. Hebrews 13:5 – Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you. Hebrews 11:1 – Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. 2 Timothy 4:7 – I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have kept the faith. 2 Timothy 2:13 – If we are faithless, he will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself. 2 Timothy 2:16 – Avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly. 2 Timothy 3:16, 17 – All scripture is God breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. That is all for now. May the Lord bless me, now and forever.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment